Sunday, December 18, 2016

Thyme Infused Pumpkin Soup

I love Sundays!! Reason being I can cook without attending to my calls. Else I get needless and endless calls every day and then it distracts my devotion. I am not able to put exclusive devotion to my food.

It’s Sunday again and Today I am making pumpkin soup and Parmesan crested Catfish.

I love pumpkin soup; I was introduced to this yummy soup in Salsburg, Austria. And the taste of it got printed on my soul. It’s very easy to make it but it’s very very tasty.  It hits your taste buds instantly and you have a craving for more. My Son loves it and I am sure your kids will love it too. 


We need following ingredients


6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
1 cup chopped onion
1/2-teaspoon fresh thyme
1 clove garlic
1/2-cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoon of butter


Method


1. In a heavy bottom pan, heat stock, salt, pumpkin, Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
2. Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
3. Take another pan put the butter to melt then add onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Then add the puree. 
4. Bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

ï

1 comment: